Thursday, December 27, 2007

Strength & Hibernation

Well...I went from hitting an all-time bench max last week to hibernation this week at home in Atlanta. Last week I put up 85 pound DBs on my final set. Started off with a warm-up set of 65s then up to 70s, 80s, and finishing with a 4-rep set of 85s. Pretty good for a 165 pound enduro athlete. This last week I haven't done much more than walking around the neighborhood for my basic 30-minute minimum until today. Wife Candas insisted upon me working her butt off in the gym--and mine. Nothing like a wake-up call with 3 rounds of Tabatas! I was sore after only 8 minutes. The good news? I'll be sore before New Year's Day! Nothing wrong with being a little sore--better than being dead or rusting away. Looking forward to a New Year's Day run around Stone Mountain in Atlanta to mark the end of my 2007 journey to exercise every single day for at least 30 minutes--I'm going to make it! 365 and still alive! From A-Town, Coach RJ.

No comments: