Friday, October 30, 2009

Learning to Play...Again!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation." --Plato

One of my most difficult tasks sometimes in corporate wellness working with adults is to teach them how to play again...and to allow myself to play too. How do I play? I like Frisbees, hiking, riding my mountain bike, concerts, and music.


Fitness doesn't always have to be hard. Light to moderate hiking is a lot of fun. Playing Frisbee is fun. The Hula Hoop thing is coming back! Indo Boards are taking off in schools and way beyond. Biking, surfing, etc. Lots of ways to be fit and have fun at the same time. Beyond just fitness is the larger issue of general health. LOTS of things can help you be healthier from music to reading and beyond...and even playing!


Play keeps us young. This is a GREAT example of how a little innovation in Stockholm can create a lot of play, youth, and healthier behaviors. Enjoy! Thanks to my friend and fellow RKC Marla Diener for sending it my way...--Coach RJ





Need more fun? Go to: TheFunTheory.com

No comments: