Sunday, September 14, 2008

Signs in the grass...

So I'm down in Huntington Beach, CA last week working out with my kettlebells on the beach. I'm literally getting stronger by the week with my KBs...nothing short of amazing. Inbetween sweating and heavy metal (KBs!), I'm looking around taking life in and notice a fortune cookie paper on the ground. Now I'm one of these people that ask what things in my life mean. If I see a raven circling over my head, I ask why? If someone comes into my life, I ask why? The fortune reads: "If you can't decide up or down, try moving from side to side." So I reflect. My life is in the fast lane of corporate wellness. America is bleeding. I know how to stop it. This is valuable. Things are happening. I'm at a Crossroads. Then I start looking closer after my next set...more fortunes! They read: "Education will never be as expensive as ignorance." and "An unexpected event will soon make your life more exciting." Interesting messages. I've spent a fortune on my education while others were investing in the stock market making lots of money. "So far" it has not really paid off...things ARE changing. As for the mystery event? It would not surprise me to "get the call" any day. Just a matter of time, or rather "energy." On the backside of two fortunes some Chinese words for "sympathize" and "very polite." Just senseless trash left by eco-clueless litterbugs? Maybe. Maybe not. Believe what you will. I think there are something to universal signs. I'm listening...
And the KBs! Been spending more energy on working form instead of VO2Max. Really getting my technique down--doing better to be HARD and clean. Not perfect, but better. It shows. I'm much stronger. Interesting. Just went to my 30 year high school reunion. Had to wonder how many of my classmates have doubled to tripled their functional strength the last FOUR MONTHS like I have. Answer? None. In Kettlebell Heavy Metal, Coach RJ!

No comments: