Friday, January 11, 2008

Meredith Emerson Grieving...

Why does a person working 2,300 miles from home get involved to organize an event for someone he never met before? Because it is the right thing to do. I did not know Meredith--yet we knew each other well through universal love of nature, hiking, and outdoor chi. Atlanta's own Dr. Martin Luther King said it best I think, "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." This one matters. I've got to do my part to turn this thing around--to find something positive for healing out of this whole disgusting mess of Meredith's murder. I have not been this emotionally upset about an incident since my best friend Norm Hoffman was killed by a car driver while riding his bike in March 2001. There will be a point in your life when you will be called upon to do the right thing and NOT be silent--but to take ACTION. Some person or a group of people might ask you--or the universe might ask you--regardless, it is a moment of truth I think. I won't even be able to make the Memorial hike in Georgia in my physical body because I'm on the road right now...but by God I'll be there in SPIRIT. This one matters. It's time to speak. Reflective today, Coach RJ

No comments: