Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hiker Meredith Emerson

I'm so damn angry today and completely horrified--even violated--about what happened to the young grad student hiker Meredith Emerson this week outside Atlanta. My whole career is dedicated to getting people to do what Meredith was doing--exercising to be healthy. When some asshole harms someone trying to be healthy, it is like assaulting me or my own family. I feel like a part of humanity eroded this week. It's depressing. As I rebound, I (we) must fight back for our right to be healthy and fit whether on the trails, in the parks, or riding our bikes. Let us all be AWARE of where we are and who is around that might not have the same core values and passion for making the world a better place through fitness and health. I'm sorry Meredith. I was trail running in Atlanta on New Year's Day--the day you were murdered. Why couldn't I have been closer to hear your cries? Why couldn't I or someone else been able to help you that horrible day? What possesses someone to get up in the morning, eat breakfast, take a crap reading the paper, then go about "their business" to find someone to murder that is totally innocent and minding their own business on a nature hike?!!! Why do some only serve to harm instead of making the world BETTER? How in the hell can a person even live with themselves after such an evil act? Why couldn't I have heard Meredith and ripped that guy's f'ing head off?!!! I gladly would have voluteered for the task! I'm so frustrated...and so sorry. God Speed Meredith. From a spiritually Cloudy Cali today, Coach RJ

No comments: