- I hope you learned that many times I am not "in the mood" to exercise--but I do it anyway. I force the fitness. Jack LaLanne would say, "Kick your own butt--make it happen!" Whatever you want to call it, you need to get it on and do the work.
- Some 70% of the time, I do not want to exercise. 100% of the time, I'm glad that I did exercise! Can you see how powerful this is? Exercise=MAJOR biochemical reactions! Exercise is a huge mood enhancer. If you hit the higher intensity workouts like intervals and kettlebells, you get even more in the form of human growth hormone, endorphins, and even better moods. We are more depressed in America than ever--and this was before the stock market problems. Why? I think it largely because we sit too much. Movement enhances mood. Sitting on one's ass month after month is biochemically depressing! Want to FEEL BETTER? Just MOVE!!! It's very simple. No fancy equipment or expensive gym memberships required...just MOVE!!!
- I'm doing my best to prepare people. For battle. We do not really know what is coming in the next few years. It could prove to be quite difficult. One this IS for certain. If we have better health and fitness, we surely will be able to handle it better. If we are obese and out of shape, we will NOT be able to handle it as well...or at all.
- Tough people survive tough times. If you went 30 days in a row without making any BS excuses--then you have set yourself apart from nearly everyone else in America (and beyond). Most people you'll meet in developed countries will never exercise 30 days in a row. They'll make a lot of excuses, but they won't do the work 30 days in a row. No matter what your age, ability, weight, or gender, if you went 30 days in a row, you have something inside of you that is tough, resilient, and disciplined. Take this 30 day kick start--and make a great life through health and fitness! Spread it around. Get your friends and family to turn onto exercise. Without a vigorous, robust, healthy, and fit mind, body, and spirit, we are in trouble. If we are fit and strong...we can and WILL make it through these tough times and be better people because of them.
- 30 Days...So Now What? While I would never ask anyone to go over two years in a row without ever missing a workout like me, many of you have already started into your second month. If the daily exercise thing works for you--great! From a scientific standpoint, you do not need a day of rest from an easy walk. For those that say you need a mental break from exercise, I challenge this because an easy walk IS taking a mental break! Some of the greatest thinkers in history have advocated the benefits of walking for mental clarity and physical health and spiritual well-being...think about it...as you MOVE!
- Annual 30X30? I think doing a 30X30 each January would be a reasonable strategy to recalibrate and rededicate to DAILY exercise. I also believe that anyone completing the 30X30 will stay regular with exercise the rest of the year even if cutting exercise to 5-6x per week. 5-6 days per week is fine and especially if you have some quality programming in your week. If you want to do 7 days per week once in a while throughout the week, this has benefit. If someone wants to start the 30X30 later in the year--GREAT! It doesn't matter when you do your 30X30, just use it when you need to use it and get it on!!!
Thanks for all your hard work the last 30 days! Please give me your personal feedback so I can use your testimonials publicly to inspire others to exercise and be healthy. Send your feedback to me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm also creating an on-line survey for 30X30 participants so I can gather some aggegrate data to share with others. The 30X30 has yielded some dramatic and signficiant behavioral changes for some you. We need others to see and feel the power of regular exercise when performed 30 days in a row!
In 30 days of STRENGTH, Coach RJ!