Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Lean Berets 30X30 Challenge: Day 11


Mood: 8*

Workout: Coach RJ Dynamic Warm-Up, easy-paced beach run along sand and bike path in Huntington Beach

Total Time: 65 minutes

Comments: It was a good day for me personally with my workout. I got to run with three of my work friends which is always nice. Stunning weather here! In the 70s for January--amazing! *But, my heart is a bit heavy today. A nice person at work that was apparently fit and healthy collapsed and passed away. It upset a lot of people that I work with this week. I did not know him, but knew many people that did...we are all very sad about it...there are no guarantees in life. Statistically speaking, if you exercise daily and eat well, you'll have a longer life with less health problems. Nonetheless, there are NO guarantees that this will always happen. It's important to make the most out of the time we have. A lot of people I have seen in the years I've been in Wellness waste so much time thinking life will last forever...they put things off far too long. Something happens like the above to make you realize just how short and fragile life can be.
The time is NOW my fitness friends. TODAY is the day--NOT tomorrow! As my friend Jack LaLanne said, "Get up each morning, kick yourself in the butt, and make it happen!"
In Flow, -Coach RJ

No comments: