Wednesday, January 5, 2011

30X30: Day 4

This is my 4th day of The Lean Berets 30X30 Challenge!

Time: 35 minutes

Exercise: Meditation breathing, rode my Spinning bike at easy to moderate pace, hung upside down on my new HANGTUFF, did some biofoam rolling on thighs.

Comments: Today was MUCH better than yesterday! I truly believe that while "managing stress" with exercise is not as high-level as just eliminating the stress altogether, it is a good strategy to make things better by exercising to destress as opposed to just sitting on the couch worrying about the stress.  The session last night gave me a reboot to have a better day today.  

On the bike side, I felt much better than my last Spinner ride.  Like I admitted earlier, I have not been doing nearly as much cardio fitness the last year--much more on the joint mobility and strength side in 2010 left me "gassed" on the wind power end of fitness.  Enough!  I told my wife Candas last night--it was time to "force the fitness" and get my butt in gear.  I then marched outside to check the weather--under 50!  Cold for SoCal!  How I have softened since living in Atlanta where I would run through the icy forest in the winter alone with only the woodpeckers or ride my bike past ice sickles in the north GA mountains...alas...I opted to turn the heater on in the Mancave and ride the indoor bike, but nonetheless, I got my 30 minutes of cardio fitness.  I have to get 3 cardio workouts per week according to my goals--I'm running behind because of the computer issues.  I need two more cardio days before Saturday now.  Will get another one Wednesday I think...as my friends on the frozen East Coast laugh at me for being a weather wimp in SoCal...

Learn more about The Lean Berets 30X30 Challenge!

No comments: