Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Lean Berets 30X30 Challenge!

I'm taking The Lean Berets 30X30 Challenge for New Year's again.  This will be my FIFTH year straight.  I've now exercised 1,460 consecutive days in a row as of December 31, 2010.  While that is a lot of sweat and exercise, it all started very simply with the 30X30.  30 minutes per day of dedicated exercise for 30 days in a row--NO BS Excuses! Get it done.

This year, I need more than just 30 minutes of "something" for exercise though.  I need to make some more specific and challenging goals.  While I always recommend "just doing something" for 30 minutes to the beginners, after four years, here's how I'm tweaking my own goals and why.

I've lost too much cardio fitness the last year.  I need and will ramp my cardio back up by hitting at least three good cardio sessions per week--NO excuses!

I've also just completed what was probably the hardest year of my life in my ways.  Way too much stress last year.  I need to get back to basics on many levels--I'll start with breathing by doing five minutes per day of meditation and deep breathing as part of my daily 30.  The exercise?  Breathing.  That's it.  Nothing else.  Just breathing without thought...easier said than done for sure, but nonetheless, a very important "exercise" to get me re-centered on the priorities for health and well-being.

The Lean Berets 30X30 Challenge...Get Some!  For more information on the 30X30 Challenge, see The Lean Berets link below:


In Action, Coach RJ

No comments: